This post is sponsored by Bed Bath & Beyond, but all opinions are 100% my own.
Though I would LOVE to completely redo my master bedroom, it’s just not in the cards…or the budget! So until I win the lottery, I will just keep updating our room bit by bit. You don’t need a huge budget to make a difference. There are so many small changes you can make throughout your bedroom that will really make an impact. I’m partnering with Bed Bath & Beyond today to share some of my updates in my master bedroom and my 10 favorite ways you can update your room on a budget too. I’ve done quite a few of them but are still working on a couple as we save up. = )
1. Update your bedding. Let’s face it, it’s expensive to get an entire new bed, but new bedding is doable. Look for comforters or duvet colors in clean neutral colors to instantly make your room feel more modern. We just got this voile quilt, and I’m in love with it. It instantly brightened up our room, and it is so soft!
2. Get some throw pillows for your bed. I prefer to stick with white bedding, but I like to add visual interest by adding color and texture with throw pillows.
3. Add a rug. It is the perfect way to pull a room together. Contrary to the belief that you don’t need a rug if you have carpet, you do. A rug is the piece that will visually connect your bed and chest to your dresser. We are still on the hunt for one but will adding one to our room asap!
4. Get a statement mirror for your room. Whether it’s a full-length mirror like ours or a large wall mirror, it will visually make your room look so much larger by adding a piece that reflects. Plus, it is so functional. And perfect for those mirror selfies. = )
5. Update your room with some new lamps. You can get some good deals on lamps, and if you love your lamps, you could just get new lampshades to easily give your lamps a new look and new life.
6. Buy some fresh flowers to keep in a vase. It is a quick and inexpensive way to instantly refresh your room.
7. This won’t make your room look different, but trust me. Buy new pillows and a mattress pad. They are SO worth the money. We just bought these pillows and this mattress pad, and they instantly made our bed so much more comfortable.
8. Add a trunk or ottoman to the end of your bed. They make your room look much more complete, and they are so practical. We store extra blankets in ours, and they’re the perfect thing to sit on with your toddler to help her put her shoes on. = )
9. Add a throw blanket to your bed or to your trunk. You can go with a neutral or pops of color, but it is sure to make your room instantly look more chic without spending a whole lot of money.
10. Like I said earlier, we cannot yet afford a new bed…and dresser…and nightstand, so we’re stuck with our dark brown ones. But until then, we are looking for a new headboard. You can find some as cheap as just a couple hundred dollars, and it will make a huge impact in your room.
11 thoughts on “Bedroom Mini Reveal + 10 Ways to Update Your Bedroom on a Budget”
Your room looks great. Throw pillows can add so much style! My husband was against them at first, but I showed him the way LOL.
Love your tips! I'm looking to do a little refresh, so I will have to keep them in mind.
i totally need to refresh mine! your mini me is adorable!!
Sandy a la Mode
I'm wanting new bedding so I love this home inspo. All great tips!! Thanks for sharing.
My bedroom is in desperate need of a refresh! I love how yours turned out!
Fizz and Frosting
Love these budget friendly tips and your refresh!
Great tips!! Love the bedroom!!
Such a gorgeous set up, love that ottoman!
I loved these tips! I've been wanting to give my bathroom an update and I'm definitely gonna steal some of your ideas!
Miss Moore Style
I agree that a room redo can be done on a budget!! Love some pretty throw pillows too!! Looks great!!
So cute! Thanks for sharing 🙂