Happy Monday! My office is open today, but I just needed one more day because…Monday’s uggh lol. My birthday was yesterday, so Shane and I are spending the day together today for a little day date, woohoo! Yesterday we took Leighton to a waterpark, and she loved it! She was being so independent just floating around and going down the kiddie slides by herself. We will definitely be taking her back soon!
Since tomorrow is the 4th of July, I just had to sport a little red, white and blue! I fell in love with this little ruffle romper
the moment I spotted it. It was perfect that my friend Collins with Collins Closets
showed up decked out for the holiday weekend too. Holiday weekends are always more fun when spent with friends and family. I think we are taking Leighton to a movie tomorrow morning and then going swimming the rest of the day. What is everyone else doing for the holiday tomorrow?
So…since it’s my birthday week, I am doing an entire week of giveaways!! Some will be here on the blog, and some will be on instagram
. You can find yesterday’s giveaway for 2 Wildkin bags for your child here
(Leighton has an adorable little mermaid backpack and duffle bag.) Today I’m teaming up with Collins to give away a Fossil watch, eek! We will be giving away one in this post and one on instagram. It will go live on instagram tonight, so make sure you head there, go ahead and follow me and be on the lookout for the giveaway tonight
. Since I turned 34 yesterday, I thought it would be fun to do a post on 34 things you may not know about me. Leave me a comment below with something I may not know about you too. Thanks for stopping by today! = )
1. I was originally pre-med in college.
2. Growing up, I wanted to be a teacher though.
3. My degree is actually in Information Technology though.
4. I wore braces for 3.5 years. They originally said I would have to wear headgear. Thank goodness I didn’t have to though lol!
5. I have only lived in Tennessee my entire life.
6. I used to be very afraid of all dogs, even tiny ones! Now I have 2 yorkies and have gotten over my fear.
7. Growing up I was a cat person.
8. I had a pet bunny when I was younger.
9. I can count on one hand when I’ve worn hair extensions. My hair is all real, and surprisingly I get this question a lot. = )
10. I’m only 5’2, but people tell me I look taller in pictures.
11. My dream place to live is California.
12. I grew up in a no redlight town.
13. I picked out Leighton’s name 9 years ago.
14. Yes, I used to be obsessed with the show Gossip Girl.
15. I was in beauty pageants for about 10 years when I was younger.
16. I met my husband when I was 5.
17. We got married when we were 23 after dating for a little over 2 years.
18. I’ve ran one half marathon, and am not sure if I’m ever run a full! That’s a long ways to run.
19. The only time I ever sit still is while blogging on my laptop or working on my computer at work. Other than that, I am always on the go.
20. I’ve had a day planner since I was in middle school and couldn’t make it without one for one day.
21. My first job was as a hostess at On the Border.
22. My second job was a waitress at Hooters.
23. I never joined a sorority. I did go through rush, but after sitting on the floor talking to them for over an hour, when I got up, I realized both legs had fallen asleep. Yep, I walked out of there (the best I could), and never came back haha!
24. My favorite subjects are still Math and English.
25. I’m very Type A. Okay, you may have already known that. = )
26. I used to have my belly button pierced.
27. I also used to have 4 piercing in each ear, but I let those grow up years ago.
28. I used to wear jeans and t-shirts every day in high school. I hated dressing up back then.
29. I hate sleeping with the TV on, but that’s the only way Shane can sleep.
30. I usually go to bed by 9pm lol.
31. I didn’t like the typical food kids liked growing up – spaghetti, lasagna, pizza, pancakes, waffles.
32. My dad built me a balance beam in my backyard to practice my gymnastics on when I was little.
33. At one point, I’m pretty sure I thought I was either going to be a famous actress or gymnast. Needless to say, neither of those happened, haha!
34. I forged my mom’s signature on my test (that I made a 100 on!) in 1st grade. Yeah, somehow I got caught.