A couple weeks ago Shane, Leighton, my sister her husband and I took a fun little weekend getaway to Nashville. We love Nashville! It’s only 3 hours away, and there is always so much to do there. The last 2 times we came it was winter, so we were excited to be back in the summertime to see what all Nashville had to offer in the summer. Shane and I have been there countless times before Leighton was around, so today I thought I would share some of my favorite kid friendly things to do in Nashville this time.
1. Summerfest at Gaylord Opryland. The theme for Summerfest this year is Alice in Wonderland. Leighton hasn’t seen the movie yet, but she LOVED every minute of all the attractions throughout the hotel!
2. A waterpark or pool. We visited Nashville Shores all day on Saturday and had such a great time. There is a lazy river, ziplining, a lake, a wave pool and a great variety of adult waterslides and even ones for the kids! We’ve been going for a decade so we figured it was finally time to go with Leighton this time. = )
3. Nashville Zoo. Even though Memphis has a great zoo right here, I can’t resist visiting other zoos to see what they’re like when we’re out of town.
4. Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. There is so much to do here that you will love and the kids will too!
5. Adventure Science Center. They have so many cool exhibits and an imagination playground made out of foam!
Gaylord Opryland resort is 9 acres. Let me just break that down for you. That is a LOT of walking (and time) when it involves a toddler. Since there were 5 of us in the vehicle, we didn’t have a ton of room for luggage and strollers, so we packed our new Maxi Cosi Dana stroller
. It was super lightweight and compact and easy to open and fold. It worked great to push Leighton around the resort in. Shane made the mistake of forgetting to get it out of the vehicle the first night when we were going on the floating tea party cruise. This was after an entire day at the waterpark with no nap. Let’s just say that we were lucky we made it to dinner and the cruise before they closed. I’m pretty sure our path involved a lot of retracing our steps to pick Leighton up, carry her for a minute until she wanted to be put down and so on.
So…the first thing I did when we got back to the room was to call the valet and grab our stroller out of the back of the vehicle! We weren’t making that mistake again. It made the entire day go SO much smoother. She was able to see everything while relaxing so she didn’t get worn out and grumpy. And we were able to walk from one end of the hotel to the other in just a few minutes. = )
Just because Leighton is a toddler does not mean we have stopped using our stroller. If anything, I especially understand how much they come in handy now.
The Maxi Cosi Diana stroller
fits children from birth up to 50lbs and is infant car seat compatible. The stroller fully reclines and has a cup holder for adults. The storage basket was actually roomier than I thought it would be for such a lightweight and compact stroller, so I was really impressed with that. The seat fabric is reversible and also machine washable which is perfect with a toddler. I can’t tell you how many times Leighton has already destroyed strollers and car seat fabrics from all her messy snacks lol. Whenever we take trips with Leighton, we ALWAYS pack our stroller. Have you tried out the Maxi Cosi Diana stroller
? What are your favorite kid friendly things to do in Nashville?