2. Know what you’re looking for and make a list. Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vuitton. Know which brand or style you are really wanting to add to your collection.
3. Be flexible. You may be dying for black, but if the real deal comes along in brown or gray, it might be worth going for it rather than waiting. This would also give you the opportunity to own a unique bag that stands out.
4. Compare prices. You can easily make an impulse buy if your not prepared. Take the time to compare prices. Know what the bag originally cost and if it ever went on sale or if it will go on sale.
5. Have reasonable expectations. You and I expect a lot from the things we buy and we should. When shopping secondhand merchandise, though, it’s best to remember that if you find the bag you want at half its original retail price, it will probably have a scuffed corner or a hardware scratch or two.
6. Don’t be afraid of a good deal. See a designer bag that you’ve been coveting but it has a little tear in it or is missing the zipper pull. Those are usually pretty easy fixes. You can easily take them to a cobbler or tailor and get small things like that fixed.
7. Get alerts. You will only find a discounted designer bag that you really love, if you’re at the right place at the right time. Sign up for email notifications of new arrivals and follow Sugar Plum Consignments on social media. The good items go quickly, so staying on top of the site’s latest additions is key to snagging your dream bag.
8. Shop often. That dream bag may be here today and gone tomorrow, and you definitely will be kicking yourself if you miss it The key to scoring a great bag is to be on the hunt and check out the new selection as often as you can.
9. Be in the know. Ask the store what days they get most their items in. And know what days the big sales are usually on.
10. Try before you buy. Ask to see the bag and walk around the store with it. See how much you can fit in it, how it feels on your shoulder, how the strap drop feels. Is it big enough? Comfortable enough? Sturdy enough? Slouchy enough? Whatever you’re looking for in a bag, make sure it meets those criteria. The last thing you want to do is drop a lot of money to realize that the bag isn’t big enough for you and you never end up using it.
Now for the fun part! Sugar Plum Consignments is my favorite consignment boutique in Memphis, and today I’m excited to be teaming up with them to give away a $100 gift certificate to their shop. To enter, just use the rafflecopter widget below. The giveaway is open to anyone in the Memphis and surrounding area who can come shop the store. = ) Good luck! What designer bag is on your wish list?
49 thoughts on “How to Score a Designer Bag for Less + $100 Sugar Plum Consignment Gift Certificate Giveaway!!”
I love all of your looks as I always do. And that gorgeous handbag… Oh how nice. My dream bag is a Hermes bag(if I spelled it correctly even). We live 3 hours from Memphis but come fairly often and I would love this. Thanks so much.
I'd love to have a Dooney and Burke bag.
Chanel is my favorite!!!
I love all 3 outfits! Fabulous!!!
I'd love a Burberry! A girl can dream.
Love the fringe skirt!!!
My dream bag is a Louis Vuitton(:
Wow they really seem like they have everything !!! So cool! Thanks for sharing!
My dream bag is a Louis Vuitton! ????????????
Michael Kors…. they are big enough for everything is mommy needs to carry for three kids and is still durable yet stylish.
You are killing it in all these outfits! Love the leather jacket and fringe skirt too! Just bummed I can't participate but thank you for the tips–I've been looking for my own Chanel or LV too!
I'm a Kate Spade fan!
I want a Celine bag or LV or Chanel!
Anything by Chanel! <3
Chanel. I would cry!
I have had my eye on a Chloe crossbody bag for some time now.
this bag is amazing!!
I'd love a nice vintage Louis Vuitton 🙂
I need that skirt in my life along with that jacket
Life is just Rosie
I would love a Channel bag! (You can keep that in mind for my birthday!) 😉
I get all of my bags used!! It's the only way!!
My dream bag is a Chanel! I would love to win!
I am not sure I have one in mind, but I would love to go shop and find out what it is!
I don't think I have one in particular that I have in mind. I have two LVs and I am always looking for more
ADORE that first blush jacket. So pretty!
Mindy II AMIXOFMIN.COM
I love all of these outfits! I will definitely have to check out Sugar Plum! Great post and tips!
xo Rachel – To Hell in a Handbag
I'm not big on classic bags, so I think a big bold Michael Kors bag would be my choice!
My dream bag is a Prada bag in my favorite color Pink.
I like Louis Vuitton.
Loving your Chanel, what a steal! Would love that bag!
Everyone loves Sugar Plum, and this is a great bag. I'd loooove to own a Deborah bag from Frye, if I could just pick one myself. But $700 is a lot!
Your bag is seriously dreamy! And I love consignment shops!
I love all of these looks, especially the first dress.
That fringe skirt is SO cute! I am loving all of these looks!
This is such a great post! I love finding consignment shops that have great stuff! I am obsessed with both of these outfits too! Gorgeous.
These outfits are all amazing!!!I I'm obsessed with the fringe skirt and those boots!!
That bag is gorgeous, and so are you!
I am obsessed with all of these outfits, but that skirt is my fav!
Ahhh this is amazing! 🙂
Hmm I don't know if I have a dream designer bag! I just know if I see 5 bags in a line up without the prices or brand, I will always pick the most expensive. Hah, it's like a talent of mine. A really bad talent, haha!
LOVE THIS, one of my favorite little secrets to having a fab wardrobe!
I would love to get a Louis Vuitton someday!
What a lovely post my dear. Simply love it!
Laura, you look AMAZING!!!! Lovelovelove the fringe + the straps on your shoes in that first look, and those OTK boots…lovelovelove.
Coming Up Roses
Lovelovelove your fringe + shoe straps, Laura…and that second outfit's OTK boots? LOVE.
Coming Up Roses
You look absolutely stunning! I love all of these great Fall looks! Those boots, though! XO
Anna || A Lily Love Affair