Thanks to Groupon for sponsoring today’s post. All opinions are my 100% my own.
Nashville is only a few hours away from Memphis, and it’s one of my favorite places to visit for a quick weekend getaway. Next month, Leighton, my mom and I are taking a fun little girls’ trip there, so we’ve been doing lots of research to see what all fun we should squeeze in for those couple days. Luckily there are so many great outdoors activities in Nashville, especially this time of year with the holidays right around the corner.
One of my favorite sites I’ve been using to help us plan our trip is Groupon. In case you didn’t know, Groupon is so much more than just a coupon site. They have tons of experiences that you can buy through their site for a discounted price. They make it easy and affordable to find things to do near where you live. And it’s not just for travelers. You can easily use the site to find things to do in your own hometown at a discount.
From winetasting and brewery tours to museum tours, there is something for everyone. Since we will have Leighton with us, we want to have a fun family experience (and squeeze in lots of shopping too!) I’ve rounded up the top 5 things to do in Nashville with your family this fall, and can’t wait to share our verdict on them soon. = )
1. Number 1 on our list is definitely ICE! at the Gaylord Opryland Resort. I have been hearing SO many good things about this amazing exhibit for years. Kids and adults are both sure to love it. And you won’t find a better hotel in the area than Gaylord.
2. Take a Trolley Tour.. I’ve been visiting Nashville since I was a little kid, but there is just so much to see and so much great music and food history there. I think a trolley tour is the perfect way to see it all and learn a little history about the city along the way.
3. Ice Skating. We will be going late fall, but it’s never too soon to go ice skating. I’m sure we will have to stuff Leighton’s skates with socks, but some of my favorite memories were ice skating as a child.
4. Visit the Nashville Zoo at Grassmore. You can’t go out of town with a toddler without stopping by the zoo. Nasvhille has a great zoo, and they even have quite a few events coming up over the next couple of months that will mean plenty of family fun. And their jungle gym was named one of the world’s coolest playgrounds!
5. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum. They have kids activities most every week for the entire family and even a musical petting zoo!
What are your favorite things to do in Nashville? Is anyone else planning a trip there soon?
11 thoughts on “Family Friendly Things to Do in Nashville, Tennessee”
I'm going to Nashville for thanksgiving so I'll definitely come back to this post 🙂
I've never been, but it sounds so fun! Thanks for sharing! XooX
Oooh, I'm a single twenty-something without kids, but I still want to go to the zoo, haha! Need to book a trip ASAP!
xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise
I've only been to Nashville once and it was for a football game so I didn't get to do much exploring but I am dying to go again since it's not too far from Birmingham. It sounds like you found some amazing things to do, great post!
xo Rachel – To Hell in a Handbag
Ahh I would LOVE To visit the country music hall of fame! Such a great post!
Love this post! I will be consulting it in the future. 🙂
cristin | http://thesouthernstyleguide.com
We actually have Nashville on our list of places to visit, so I'm definitely saving this!
xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.
Super cute idea for a post, lady!
This is such a great post the Trolly Tour sounds fun
Nashville is one of my favorite spots! And with a baby on the way, this list is super helpful! (Plus it makes me wish I was back in TN so much!)
Alice at Lone Star Looking Glass
How fun! So nice that you've planned a little day with Leighton! I love Nashville, I've only been once though… need to plan a return trip. Thanks for this great guide.