Last weekend I made it back Big Cedar Lodge in Branson again (you might remember my last trip here.) Since the last time I went it was December, I knew I wanted to go back in the summer to experience all the outdoors activities that Branson has to offer! If you haven’t been to Branson yet, you’re missing out! It is perfect for everyone, and they are so family friendly. I cannot wait to take Leighton there this fall! Keep reading to see my favorite places you can’t miss while you’re there.
MY TOP 5 PLACES TO VISIT IN BRANSON MO
- Big Cedar Lodge. This is my second time to stay here. They also have Big Cypress Lodge in Memphis, and you’ve heard me talk about how it’s my favorite hotel in Memphis here! I love how cozy all the cabins and rooms are. They feel like you’re at a ski lodge, and they really do a good job of incorporating the outdoors inside too.
- Table Rock Lake. This lake is even bigger than I thought, and the water was pretty crystal clear. Big Cedar Lodge actually overlooks the lake, and I had a stunning view of the lake from my room. They have boat and waverunner rentals, standup paddle boarding, fishing and plenty of swim areas.
- Silver Dollar City. This 1880’s theme park is like no other. From roller coasters to its waterpark, there is so much to do there.
- Marvel Cave. Silver Dollar City is actually built around Marvel Cave. You will trek 500 feet below the surface and see the grand cathedral room. Cave tours are including with your ticket to Silver Dollar City.
- Ancient Ozarks Natural History Museum. This museum was SO much better than I ever imagined! It was honestly the largest museum I’ve ever toured, and it’s all underground and is one of the largest collections of Native American artifacts.
I’m already planning my trip back this fall with Leighton and cannot wait! We still have so much more places to visit in Branson MO like horseback riding, some shows and so much more. I know Leighton will have a ball, and I’m hoping I can get a couple more friends and their kids to go too so we can all have a fun little vacay together next time!
What about you? Have you been there? What is on your list of places to visit in Branson MO that we can’t miss? Let me know in a comment below!