A couple weeks ago I was so excited to attend a fun cocktail making class at Old Dominick in downtown Memphis. Y’all have heard me talk about Old Dominick here and know I love them! Not only do they have good alcohol, they have been around for a while and have some cool history, and their location is in a great spot with a rooftop bar on top and a great bar downstairs you can visit after doing a tasting and tour.
For the class, we were making a Blackberry Southside. It was SO good! The gin was excellent, and it had the perfect hint of fruit and mint too. It is a perfect drink for spring and summer in my opinion – light and refreshing! If you have any get togethers soon, you will want to try out this drink. I’m sharing it below. If you end up making it, let me know what you think!
Blackberry Southside Cocktail Recipe with Old Dominick Gin
- 2 oz Old Dominick Formula #10 Gin
- 8 mint leaves
- 3 blackberries
- 1 oz rich simple syrup
- 1 oz lemon juice
- Add all ingredients into a mixing tin.
- Fill with ice and shake well to mix with the berries.
- Strain into a tall glass over ice.
- Top with a splash of sparkling mineral water like Top Chico and garnish with mint leaves.
- Enjoy your refreshing Old Dominick Gin cocktail!